By now, you’ve probably heard of the “tiny house” movement. Although living in a true “tiny house” (typically no more than 400 square feet!) may not be for everyone, there are some compelling perks to downsizing. Especially when considering building a home on your land, square footage plays a huge role. The size of your home can offset the balance between your necessary inclusions, wish list items, and the unavoidable budget. But the good news is that bigger isn’t always better when building your dream home.
Incredible Homes with a Smaller Footprint
The beauty of building with Pahlisch Select is that no matter the size, you’ll feel the same comfort and luxury in your carefully crafted home. You can rest easy knowing that our incredible, smaller homes are built with the same quality and care as their larger counterparts. And with a creative design team, Pahlisch Select can help make every inch count so that your home fits your lifestyle!
Now that you know opting for smaller square footage can provide the same great experience, here are a few more key benefits to choosing a smaller floor plan.
Low Maintenance Living
The saying “less is more” can certainly ring true when living in a smaller floor plan. Less time spent with upkeep can mean more time to engage in your favorite hobbies. Whether you love traveling, hosting events and friends, or being outdoors, you can invest more time into the things that mean something to you. So if you are a weekend warrior, consider a smaller floor plan to unlock more free time for your adventures. And don’t worry about where to stash your new gear! Pahlisch Select floor plans have one, two, or three-car garage options, with ample room for that pair of skis, mountain bike, and camping gear.
Building smaller has financial advantages, too—whether that’s up-front savings or more opportunities for indulgence when it’s time to personalize your build. And to top it all off, you’ll see those savings continue well after the build, with lower utility and maintenance costs. Even if going smaller in your home footprint wasn’t your original plan, it might be the next best way to keep within your budget without compromising on the things you most want from your home.
Lower monthly heating and cooling bills are on every homeowner’s wish list, especially in those frigid winters and scorching summers. Paring down to only the necessary amount of space you need keeps heating and cooling from eating up your budget. And, with better energy efficiency comes a smaller environmental impact. It’s a win, win!
Minimalism Is In
If lower maintenance, financial freedom, or lower energy bills are not your thing – perhaps the shift toward minimalistic living will get you on the building a small home bandwagon! For some, there’s nothing more daunting than having to pack up and move all those items that haven’t been touched for years. Or staring at the empty canvas of a room and realizing how much furniture and décor it needs to feel just right.
Simplifying to the essentials helps to eliminate the overwhelm of settling into a new space. Not to mention the greater peace of mind for your future self when there is less stuff to organize, store, and purge. Minimalism, both in design and lifestyle, is in! By curating your space for just the items you need, you can purchase those special pieces you’ve been holding out for. It can also help you appreciate every corner of your space a little differently and create a very intentional and intimate atmosphere. Your Pahlisch Select team is here to help you create multi-purpose spaces so you can have a minimalist lifestyle you may not have previously thought possible.
Smaller Pahlisch Select Floor Plans That Offer Luxury and Simplicity
Pahlisch Select offers high-quality, space-conscious floor plans with luxury accommodations and options. Here are a few of our favorites around 2,000 square feet or less:
- 792 sq ft, 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1-car garage, 1-story
- This home belongs to our carefully curated plan line-up of Alternative Dwelling Units (also known as ADUs) ranging from about 400-800 sq ft, making it one of the most compact plans we offer.
- The Lysander provides a small-scale home with an open concept without skimping out on the luxury options, whether as an alternative unit or primary residence.
- Read more about our popular Lysander plan here.
- 1,679 sq ft, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2-car garage, 1-story
- Open concept living with large windows to maximize natural lighting, to shine in and brighten the heart of the home.
- The private primary suite allows for a retreat from the activity in the home for relaxation, with an impressive primary bathroom and spacious walk-in closet.
- 1,853 sq ft, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 3-car garage, 1-story
- The expansive 3-car garage includes a shop bay for all the extra storage you may need for toys, camping gear, tools, or more.
- The pocket den provides a space dedicated for your home office, whether working from home or cozying up to read your favorite novel.
- 2,092 sq ft, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 3-car garage, 1-story
- Step inside this inviting home and be stunned by the entryway with coffered ceilings leading to the large, gourmet kitchen, which includes a spacious walk-in pantry with direct access to the garage to conveniently haul groceries.
- Forget the spa with a primary suite bathroom like this one; Dual vanities, a soaking tub, and a separate shower allow you to refresh, with easy access to the laundry room through a direct secondary entrance.
Design the Ultimate New Build with Pahlisch Select
Harness your creative spirit and don’t compromise on the details that matter to you! We work hard to bring each client’s vision to life with award-winning design and quality materials. A home is not just four walls and a roof to us—it’s a personal expression of each of our clients, all the way down to the flooring, fixtures, and finishes. Reach out and ask a Select expert about our plans or how we can personalize them to meet your needs. Please send us a message online or sign up for our newsletter for more updates!